Moving can be a very stressful experience. We at Hampton Roads are here to ease the stress and make your moving experience as smooth as possible.
We are a full service moving and storage company. We have a crew of professional movers who are fast and efficient. We will provide you with the best relocation service available.
Our professional sales and moving staff will help you plan and execute your move properly to make your relocation as easy and rewarding as possible.
Your Type of Move
Moves are classified as local, intrastate, or interstate, depending on the distance involved.
- Local Moves A local move is a move that takes you within a 30-mile radius of your domicile and stays within the same state. A local move may take a couple of hours or a couple of days, depending on the size and the services requested.
- Intrastate Moves An intrastate move is one in which the origin and destination are in the same state. Hampton Roads Moving & Storage can provide intrastate relocations within Virginia and with our affiliation with Arpin Van Lines, we can offer intrastate North Carolina relocations as well.
- Interstate Moves An interstate move is a move that takes you across a state line.
The Timing of Your Move
We are fully aware of the many factors involved in selecting a moving date, such as closing date; lease expiration, family matters, work schedule, and restrictions of building managements. That is why we give great attention to our customers’ moving time requirements.
We will perform your move within the time frame that you request.
The Cost of Your Move
A few factors determine the cost of a move. They include
- The type of move
- The amount and type of goods and furnishings that you are moving
- The distance of the move
- The physical arrangement of the premises you are moving from and the premises you are moving to
- Your temporary storage requirements, if any
- Additional services that you may want
An Estimate of Cost begins with the type of move you are performing: local, intrastate, or interstate.
If the move is local, the estimator performs a walkthrough of your premises and determines the size of your move, the number of movers, and the number of hours to perform the service and any additional services requested. The estimator then provides you with an estimate. (Due to the great demand for our services, some smaller local move customers may find our prices or terms uncompetitive. Should this occur, we will be happy to refer you to a reputable competitor.)
If the move is intrastate or interstate, the estimator performs a walkthrough of your premises and arrives at an estimated weight and additonal services needed, and from that an estimate is provided.
For a free estimate, please take a moment to fill out our online estimate form or call one of our professional relocation consultants at (800) 561-2929.
Additional services include packing, crating, cargo insurance, or any other services such as these that you may require.