Hampton Roads Moving and Storage’s dedication to community involvement stems from our close relationship with a variety of programs and services that contribute to local communities and beyond. We believe that the real success comes from supporting those who need it most and we are proud to dedicate our time and energy to furthering this goal.
At the Heart of Our Values
Hampton Roads Moving and Storage recognizes the importance of being an active participant in the local community and beyond. Since the founding of our company we have held our community, service men and women, and families at the cornerstone of our values.
- Move for Hunger - Between holding food drives in our community to our movers taking food people no longer want as a result of moving and bring it to the local food bank. In 2018 Hampton Roads Moving and Storage collected 207,854 pounds of food providing 173,212 meals to the community.
- Southeast VA foodbank - From food drives and the Move for Hunger program.
- Peninsula foodbank - From food drives and the Move for Hunger program.
- WAA - Wreaths Across America is an organization that each December coordinates wreath laying ceremonies at 1600 national cemeteries in all 50 U.S. states, at sea and abroad. Their slogan Remember, Honor, Teach for Remember our fallen US veterans, Honor those who served, Teach our children the value of freedom. Hampton Roads Moving and Storage brings three trailer loads of wreaths to national cemeteries in Virginia every December to include Arlington National and Hampton National Cemeteries.
- Adopt a Soldier Platoon - Adopt-a-Soldier Platoon is constantly sending care packages downrange to our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines. These packages let our brave Americans know we are thinking about them and that their sacrifices far from home are not in vain. Hampton Roads Moving and Storage most recently assisted by transporting 10,000 bottles of water from New Jersey to the USS Truman before their deployment.
- Camp 4 Hero’s - a 184-acre retreat in North Carolina that is being developed as a sanctuary for Life, Love and Respect for our Injured Servicemen/women. We believe the Camp4Heroes will be instrumental in helping our Wounded Vets heal their souls from the trauma of war. Hampton Roads Moving and Storage has made huge improvements to the Camp by transporting donated furniture to furnish the camp.
- USO - For over 77 years, the USO has been the nation’s leading organization to serve the men and women in the U.S. military, and their families, throughout their time in uniform. From the moment they join, through their assignments and deployments, and as they transition back to their communities, the USO is always by their side. Hampton Roads Moving and Storage transports the flooring for the beach so the wounded veterans can participate in the festivals and event. Hampton Roads Moving and Storage also transports equipment thought the country for USO events.
- Troopsters - In 2016 Troopster Donation Corp. was established as an official non-profit organization dedicated to sending care packages to deployed service members with the help of volunteers and donations. Since launching Troopster + Troopster Donation's has sent more than 2,700 care packages to military members serving in more than a dozen countries. Hampton Roads Moving and Storage picked up supplies locally and delivered to Troopsters in Norfolk VA to have them packed in care packages for overseas.
- Destination Veterans National Foundation - Provides critically needed support to disabled and at-risk veterans who leave the military wounded-physically or psychologically- after defending our safety and our freedom.
- Habitat for Humanity Virginia - Habitat for Humanity Virginia is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seeks to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and hope. Habitat for Humanity Virginia is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action for all. Hampton Roads Moving and Storage donates furniture that our customers no longer want to Habitat’s restores.
- Physicians for Peace - The purpose of Physicians for Peace is to educate and empower local providers of surgical care to alleviate suffering and transform lives in under-resourced communities around the world. In 2010 a devastating earthquake hit Haiti leaving hundreds of thousands deceased .